Saturday, June 9, 2012

Rant on Speedos

What is it with guys and speedos? Really! I was at our local high school's pool today and noticed that the larger of the two was being occupied by water polo swimmers! There were boys there ages twelve to around sixteen, swimming about in the skimpy, bikini-like bathing suits. And that wasn't the worst of it! My friend Alex and I positively GAWKED at how skinny  they were! Their muscle tone was ZERO, which I usually don't worry about or look for, but these boys literally looked like skin stretched over bones. And in a sport as rigorous as water polo is, you'd expect these boys to actually have some form of muscular progression!

But nooooooo, these guys just hop out of the water on their break with their protruding adolescent ribs and their frayed up, spiked wet hair like platypuses from a sewer.
Not only that, but during the half way point of the game, then the players got out and all started to watch as the little kids (like my sister, Natalie) tottered about in the second two-foot deep pool. It was really irritating.
HOLY DRAMA LLAMA speedos are annoying! On top of that, I know a guy at our school who plays water polo, and just thinking that he wears those skinny, unfashionable bathing suits on a weekly basis... just... UGH!!

Anyway, that's my rant on speedos... follow-up on that later. Sorry it's such a short post. I'll try and make a longer one another time.

Tomorrow's the first anniversary! Woo hoo!!

3 comments:

  1. As Founder and CEO of And The World Goes Round Blog Inc. I give you the 'Amazingly Accurate' Award because I was there and you describe it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete